I heard this song the other day, you know the one by Phil Vassar, it's a country song so some of you may not know it. But, I literally almost burst into tears while listening to it. It is MY life EXACTLY right now. We don't have much money and EVERYTHING seems to keep breaking, Jason and I have hardly ANY alone time due to him working so much and Riley climbs into our bed just about every night. Things just seem to be getting harder for some reason.....so I was sure the radio DJ was prompted to play it just for me just at that time....don't you think???? Honestly though, what more can I ask for? I have a great husband, the two most BEAUTIFUL kids in the world, a great family, and a testimony. I am honored to be living my life right now, even though it may be a little different than we had planned :) Thank you Phil Vassar for helping me to realize that I need to dwell on the positive instead of the negative!
3 comments:
It is good to hear you focus on the positive, you are a lucky woman. I love ya!!
Things will start to work out better, I KNOW IT! You should call me...let the kids come play for a while! We really need to get together!
Oh, Stephanie-I feel exactly the same way. Luckily, my kids stay in their own beds, but Klint's gone ALL the time and it just feels like everyone wants something-money, time or whatever else they can think of. I find myself reminding myself to count my blessings and remember how good I have it. With all the tragedies in the world right now, I can't help but feel truly blessed. I like the line from the Cheryl Crow song "it's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got." Too true and I'm glad to know I'm in good company!
Post a Comment